[RSS]

Search the webSearch Hamilton Views
HamiltonViews
March 29, 2024, 01:51:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Canadian Space Technology

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadian Space Technology  (Read 778 times)
editor
Administrator

The Older I get The less I know for sure

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2008, 10:20:55 am »

Sale of Canadian space technology

Canadians have invested $108 million in MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd. A Canadian
Company....Now it aspires to sell the soul of Canada's most advanced technology to foreign ownership.
American defense  Contractor 's aim to purchase the Canaidarm and controls for more than $1.3 Billion
Crippling the Canadian Space program.
"Spec. March 05, 2008" Re;"Craig Wong, THE CANADIAN PRESS The Canadian Press, 2008"

An albatross that has been hung on Canadians as we sell off all our potential for fast cash. Historically
Canada has allowed our mining fortunes to be controlled by foreign investors. Educated our brightest
And failed to insure their viability in the country. Built highways and sold them to foreign conglomerates,
Fast returns, short on long term insight.

MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd."is the only space company in Canada capable of building
Large satellites.......exclusive worldwide rights to data from the satellite, which was in part funded by
The Canadian Space Agency and can be used for such things as environmental monitoring, ice tracking,
Resource mapping, disaster management and marine surveillance" The American defense contractor 's
Aim to purchase For $1.325 billion. Which requires the approval of the Canadian Government, who is
Considering this sale.
(March 05, 2008 Craig Wong, THE CANADIAN PRESS, 2008")

At a time when Canadian northern sovereignty is in question and when the Northern Hemisphere is
Being divided by so many eyes, when the impact of wanting eyes may have significant and direct
Impacts on our country it's a great time to consider selling off the only technology that is available to
Monitor such, fast returns, short on long term insight. Marc Garneau, former head of the Canadian
Space Agency says, "if Canada sells that ability away, it would prevent the country from controlling its
Own technology, and might even open the door to a foreign company to keep secrets from Canada."
(March 23, 2008 The Canadian Press, 2008)

Canada like a flee market sells to the highest bidder, tour talents, our mineral resources, including
Our one and only means to insure the sovereignty of our country. The next major resource that will
Be on the table is our water and it the stream of things it will flow south with the gates situated below
The 49Th. Parallel. Perhaps consideration should be given to laying the Canadian flag on the table,
Before too long, like Johnny Cash song, one piece at a time. If we keep treading the same path the
Last piece won't be worth much...Canadian eh...on a desert without identity.

Reference:
http://thespec.com/article/335221
http://thespec.com/article/343612
http://thespec.com/article/343907

What do you think...?

Send Comments to:
ham_editor@yahoo.ca

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 10:25:06 am by editor » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

WRCU2
Writer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 05:53:06 pm »

I don't think I could have said it any better myself Don and sadly I do not anticipate anything much moor from our local news nor. Lately the only interesting topics in specthread, based on comments submitted by readers like you and I and specthread staffers, are a sport of Springstein, shoveling snow and USW in the gates of AMD O'fasco. Also, much of the information available on the Internet concerning Radarsat 2 only glosses over the militate umbra of this technology's zoot suited cruisers. Screw sovreignty. Such matters are of no concern to ordinary denizens when confronted about-face with the massive abrasion of crock'em -n- stock'em blue-bun-burn and our green certs are chock full of envy from the gagged, all-in-one bagged fluff, we're being stuffed. And into borrowed tanks no less!

Ottawa is putting off the decision for thirty days as of March 20th:
Ruling on sale of Radarsat-2, Canadarm to U.S. arms maker delayed -
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/03/20/tech-mda-extension.html

Perhaps Earth Day April 19th will be composed with plenty of Lawrence Welklike smoke bubbles in a melody we can all dance around to, so we won't notice when the winky winks move our worlds closer to the brinky brinks by a sale that stinks of rinky-dink pinky-linked thinking.

Onto another story with a nice bust of the modern day Marc Garneau; A former space man bursting with integrity. Who has seen our home planet from a perspective it seems far fewer of us will ever know for sure. I think Marc is warming us that this sale would dry up all hope of Canadian prestige in any future high tech exploitation of outer space fruit, in which Canada might project, profit and protect it's people, its interests, or watch its ice melt and lochs drain with astonishing clarity. Did I forget to mention sparse exploration? Oops, I meant to say, oh my, space. Why am I writing this?
http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2008/03/06/tech-garneau-mdasale.html

Here's a story I've seen in which the author rubs some rather intuitive bluing onto the battle for the skies loaded barrel. See for yourself and notice the word SOLD in the headline...
MAJIIC Wars: Canada's RADARSAT satellite company sold to "Weapons and Space" giant, ATK -
http://activistmagazine.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=810&Itemid=143

We're not fools are we? MDA has not been sold as of April 1, 2008, because of the prudent delay by our respectable Lords and Ladies. But if you were to look at ATK's web site, deep south in the sojourn of stars and stripes, you'd alas be in zest to believe Radarsat 2 is already in their celestial pocket. I guest just because the snareholders have already been touting it about so, EH?
http://www.atk.com/

Reaching New Frontiers? WOW!!! Did y'all get a heap loaded eye full of those ardor piercing lightly munged onions? Makes ya wanna cry.

Ask yourself this, "Why are the only real meaty reports from independent sources or the CBC?" And then please do share where the saving's grace and humble's good home-baked pie may be ought. I'd like to start shelving some for family's friends and neighbors because this might shifting could get the reel's uglisome like zeally quick. Or at least we'll know by earth day unto which vast vane the bubbles vain worth bloweth next...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 07:48:50 pm by Gregory D Hough » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Changing LINKS

View Stats

Affiliates
Search Engine Submission and Optimization Free META Tag Help Analyzer