[RSS]

Search the webSearch Hamilton Views
HamiltonViews
September 24, 2017, 12:51:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

$75-million on tolls for Hamiltions?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $75-million on tolls for Hamiltions?  (Read 256 times)
editor
Administrator

The Older I get The less I know for sure

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2007, 05:46:29 pm »

Collect the $75-million cost of expressway by using limited tolls
The Hamilton Spectator
(Jan 30, 2007)
http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=hamilton/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1170111011308&call_pageid=1020420665036&col=1112876262536

"Eisenberger is correct in wanting to give up the $75-million lawsuit against the federal government...
Keep the tolls until the $75 million is collected." Now this is a brilliant idea, playing the shell game.
Turn and twist, move it all about but in the final analysis it is the people of this city that is going
to pay. Perhaps the federal government should give Hamilton an extra cent on every liter of fuel
that it collects from this country, until it's paid. "A cup of coffee?" lets add a donut with that and
maybe the next time the federal government gets into a political scandal it will jump into some
other situation to get some brownie points. We need to remember that the government of the
day was in a quagmire of scandals and the attempt at thumping their issues was perhaps more of
a way to electrify that it stood for something; environmental concerns? I think their track record
speaks louder rhetoric, as apposed to their real concern.

What do you think...?

Comments appreciated
ham_editor@yahoo.ca
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Changing LINKS

View Stats

Affiliates
Search Engine Submission and Optimization Free META Tag Help Analyzer