[RSS]

Search the webSearch Hamilton Views
HamiltonViews
March 29, 2024, 06:43:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Political Dilemma

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Political Dilemma  (Read 456 times)
editor
Administrator

The Older I get The less I know for sure

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2006, 09:23:05 am »

Political Dilemma

The focus on Hamilton’s political dilemma was expressed in several e-mail
views, that seem to express some, within this community.

“We have some good politicians but they don’t have a good handle of the overall picture”

“Cities used to be able to govern themselves though today we probably don’t need a City
Council because the Province has all the control”

“Cities like Hamilton are being coerced into fulfilling the needs of the province because
they is need of provincial funds, but never get enough to stand on their own. This
City has been beat up so bad that it is afraid to stand up to the Province. There is also
too much co-erosion with this City that leads to poor management, and only certain
sectors benefit from it’s wealth.”

“The truth of the matter is that we have not had good leadership in this City for years,
and when they get one thing right, they usually lose the benefit by screwing up, destroying,
or negating the benefits.”

“Hamilton people have a good heart but not strong enough to get involved, mostly
because they feel they are never told the whole truth.”

“Hamilton is a fragmented City, like Humpty Dumpty, and no-one knows how to put
the pieces together, it seems they make it worse by playing the game of divide and
conquer.”

“ I read all your stories on this site, I don’t know why I bother to comment because
it’s really pointless, these people live in a different world, and they don’t understand
how hard it is to make ends meet. The only time they think of the average person is
at election time. It seem all we do is pay for legal fees for all their mistakes, so what
is the point?”

Your vote is important!
Vote November 13th

What do you think...?

Comments appreciated
ham_editor@yahoo.ca 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 09:28:58 am by editor » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

editor
Administrator

The Older I get The less I know for sure

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 03:17:34 pm »

Update-Opinion-Political Dilemma

“With respect to the comments on “Political Dilemma” let me first of all say, that many in this city
would agree with the general overtones. Howbeit, there has been some positives in this City,
the Harbor font and the cleaning up of the Bay was a positive undertaking. The development
of the airport in it’s fundamental principals were positive. That being said, the present overtones
to this project, at this time, does not seem to in the best interests of Hamilton. Another issue that
does not seem transparent to this City are the issues of Green Space and amalgamation. 

Conceptually, both of these issues are wrought by political interests rather that for long term
benefits. Addressing the issue of amalgamation is short, this process will never be repeated,
as the province now recognizes all the negative impacts. Similarly, the gigantic sweep of green
space is within the same fault. We need to recognize the intensification is necessary to lower
the cost to City Services.

Howbeit, the issue of green space needs to be applies province wide, with some practical sense
for future growth. As it stands, those who are financially mobile and want to maintain their privacy
outside major cities will. Notwithstanding, Hamilton will suffer the greatest consequences considering
it’s vast rural area within the GTA. and will forfeit growth to cities like Brantford, etc..etc.. who are
outside green space, that will accommodate such living space. The reality is that though I have office
space in the City, and I were to make a move, it certainty would not be in downtown. Though well
establishes in the City, any serious considerations would be to live outside of the present boundaries
of the GTA.”

Your vote is important!
Vote November 13th

What do you think...?

Comments appreciated
ham_editor@yahoo.ca 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Changing LINKS

View Stats