[RSS]

Search the webSearch Hamilton Views
HamiltonViews
March 28, 2024, 09:26:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hamilton Election..2006...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hamilton Election..2006...  (Read 391 times)
editor
Administrator

The Older I get The less I know for sure

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:56:06 am »

Hamilton Election..2006...

Congratulations to all who participated, to those elected; those courageously who took a stand, though
did not succeed. Perhaps mostly, congratulations goes out to all who took the time to vote. Democracy
and the well being of this City will only be sustained and advanced when the best interests of all
Hamiltonians are balanced and respected.

In the shade of the outgoing and incoming of changes to any political shift, the questions of why and what
changes or events or circumstances have contributed to the overall change.

From the desk of Hamilton Views ...here is my take..
There were three major issues that sat on the cusp of this election, the airport development, the Lister
block, and the Peak oil issue. All three issues were clouded in vales of secrecy manipulation or in regards
to the Peak oil issue was simply dismissed because it did not fit into a prescribed political agenda, without
considering the best interests of Hamilton's future. Amidst these three major issues, intertwined was the
cloud of election corruption that reinforced a lack of transparency and integrity. Culminating with the fact
that the City of Hamilton failed to address the growth and distribution of wealth to areas the were amalgamated
to this city. These being major issues, the issues of poverty, sustainable employment, were thrown out as the
last resounding issues of yesterdays political agenda...Perhaps, it's time to focus on what is truly important,
the people of this city....the benefits will follow...

I hope I have contributed to opening the minds and hearts of this City, encouraging greater participation
in a world, that is so deluded, feeding a sense of apathy, fueling the political arena that dictates and
consistently erodes social, political, economical prosperity.

What do you think...?

Comments appreciated
ham_editor@yahoo.ca 

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:32:45 am by editor » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Changing LINKS

View Stats

Affiliates
Search Engine Submission and Optimization Free META Tag Help Analyzer